Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Reflections on PCAP

For my last blog, I thought it might be appropriate to reflect on my experiences in Paideia II. Overall, I found my experience to be a rewarding one. One of the most interesting parts of the experience was having people in the class with majors other than education. I really enjoyed hearing their opinions about the issues we discussed in class and it made me feel good that so many students with other majors were interested in issues surrounding schools. I also enjoyed hearing how they connected the issues in the class to their major. This was especially interesting when we discussed budget issues because we had a person in my small group majoring business who was able to teach us a lot about how budgets are organized and implications that go into creating them.

Another area of this class that I enjoyed was the integration of technology. I thought the inclusion of video clips and Skype really made the class more relatable to the time period. Also, I found this blog to be a great way to express my ideas and see what my classmates are thinking. Not only did I learn things about the views of other classmates, but I also learned how much I value the blogging experience. I plan to start one for my summer at camp so my friends and family can read about what I am up to.
This class has taught me to think about the many issues that are related to education. I never realized how many different areas of politics and issues that education plays a role in. The topics we have discussed have allowed me to expand my mind about how I look at issues in education and how those issues will affect my future teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment